Kelsey's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My Friend Katy :)


Today I wanted to blog about a very special friend of mine. Katy is a very new friend of mine, but I feel like I've known her for a very long time. I met her at my new job working for Compassion International and she is amazing. She has such a big heart and an extremely outgoing and fun personality. I bring Katy up today because on Monday she is leaving for Rwanda for 2 months on a mission trip. She will be spending two months working in an orphanage that is dedicated to taking care of abandoned kids, ranging from infancy to 8 years old. She will be the only one who speaks English in the house she is staying in. Katy has had a passion for Africa her whole life and will be fulfilling a lifelong dream by going out there to be with the babies. I am so happy and proud of her for pursuing her dreams and doing something so good for these kids and for God. I know that is has to be such a scary and big step for her to do this by herself. Katy has never even been out of the country before so I can't imagine how exciting this experience will be for her!

I am praying for you Katy and I look up to you so much for what you are doing! I will miss you so much!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Thank you so much, Kelsey. You are so kind. Thank you, my friend. I love you and miss you already!

annaliese said...

as the mommy of a daughter who was cared for by people like Katy for 9 months in an orpahnage, it makes my heart leap to read this. thank you, Katy, for your selflessness. I will be praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Best wishes to you Katee!!You are amazing I hope your trip goes well!!Lots o love forom COLORADO!!